Sunday, September 19, 2010

It's Fall...on my bottom lip.

It's Fall.

Yeah yeah smarty pants, I know that it's scientifically still summer, but I live in Chicago.....it IS fall. Football is on, there is a crisp chill in the air. The leaves are green, hanging on for dear life.  The long sleeves are on, our DVRs are maxed out with the Fall TV schedule (what exactly is THE EVENT for the love of the Peacock?), the windows are open, blankets on, to wear the flip flop or not is the big decision of the day and Dogfish Head has released their Punkin Ale.

You heard me! Don't try to argue now, thats right..Punkin Ale is on tap, so put that baseball glove away bring out that QB Jersey and drink up.

I would seriously bathe in this beer. It's like AUTUMN in my mouth, Fall on my lips to be exact. In my opinion it is the best fall release beer in the American Craft Beer world.

I feel like most Pumpkin flavored beers are ummmm....Pumpkin Pie Flavored. Punkin Ale is not. It has real pumpkin, and all the fall spices but not sugary sweet. It does have some brown sugar notes, but you won't be overwhelmed by them. This brown ale is  drinkable....in fact you can knock a few back and not realize the 7% abv until the 2nd half. Oops.

Hurry up and get you some! Before you know it,  it will be time to pardon a turkey and we all will be Punked out!

No comments:

Post a Comment